Dog grooming is a highly demanding profession. Don’t listen to whoever says it isn’t.
For a professional groomer, you need apparel and clothing that means business. Among the entire dog grooming apparel you’ll need, a dog groomer jacket is undoubtedly one of the most important. How do you know which one to pick?
The best professional dog groomer jackets will help keep you comfortable, clean, and dry while you attend to your job. The problem is there are way too many in the market but we’ve compiled this guide to help you make sense of everything.
Dog grooming jackets come in various types and designs.
But beyond being stylish, it’s more important to go for jackets that are not only comfortable on your body but one that would also not get in your way of work. We did the work so you don’t have to. So, in this post, we share our list of the top five best professional dog groomer jackets in the market right now that you can choose from.
Dog Grooming Jackets: 2022 Buying Guide
If you’re planning to buy a dog grooming jacket anytime soon, it’s important to know what to look out for so you can make an informed buying decision.
We’ll do just that in this section of our review of the best professional dog groomer jacket. Here are four of the most important factors to consider when choosing dog grooming coats for your work;
- Fit and comfort: It’s important to go for dog grooming smocks that not only fit but that which are also comfortable.
While the size mostly determines the fit, the fabric type, and quality, as well as the design, might impact whether or not the dress sits comfortably on your body.
- Durability: Durability is something you’ll also want to factor in if you’re buying a grooming jacket as a professional dog groomer. While these jackets don’t cost a fortune, you’ll need them to last as much as they can, considering the fact you’ll be using them often.
- Pockets: Some grooming jackets come with pockets and this makes it easy to keep things handy. Many of the jackets we reviewed come with at least one pocket where you can easily keep a few of those tools you’ll need often.
- Design: You want something that’s both stylish and functional and the design can impact that. From zippers to splash-proof fabric, hair-repellent, style, and sizes, etc., the design of your groomer apron or jacket should be perfect for your work.
- Cleaning/washing: You need to go for a dog groomer jacket that makes washing easy. Your best pet will be something that is easily machined washable and quick drying.
1. Chloe Pet Grooming Smock & Pet Grooming Jacket
Angels Grooming Apparel might have outdone themselves in making this one-of-a-kind dog grooming smock or jacket – whatever you choose to call it. These pet grooming jackets are made from a special kind of quick-dry fabric so splashes have got nothing on you.
The fabric also prevents hair accumulation and snags, is lightweight, and still very durable enough to last you a decent time. The apparel also comes fitted with a breathable mesh backing so you’re not condemned to sweating all day at work. Style should hardly matter when choosing a jacket for your grooming work. But if you’ve always wanted to work in something stylish, the Chloe Pet Grooming Smock & Pet Grooming Jacket will serve you, and it’s got two deep pockets so you’ll always have everything you need handy.
- Made with a unique quick-dry, no-shrink, hair repellent fabric.
- Features a mesh back to keep you cool and comfortable even for extended periods.
- Uses a large plastic zipper to prevent hair from sticking in the zipper and rusting
- Each piece is checked for quality and specially handmade in the USA, Los Angeles, to be precise.
- Machine washable and hang drying
2. Noverlife Pet Grooming Jacket with Zipper, Large Size
Lots of professional dog groomers swear by the Noverlife Pet Grooming Jacket and how it helps them do their job just perfectly. Like the Chloe we reviewed above, the Noverlife also comes with a zipper that makes wearing and removing super easy. The jacket is a combination of black and light blue and comes with a single deep pocket for a few tools.
The Noverlife Pet grooming jacket is simple, stylish, and functional. While it will be more than enough if you’re looking for a dog grooming jacket to keep you clean and dry at all times, it’s also easily machine washable so you can clean it when it is due for a cleaning.
- Simple, stylish, and functional jacket for grooming, use in nail salons, etc.
- Made from hair repellent and splashproof silk-like crape fabric to prevent you from getting wet by splashes.
- Quick-drying and machine-washable for easy cleaning.
- Antistatic, soft, and lightweight fabric help ensure comfort.
3. Noverlife Pet Groomer Jacket with Full Zipper
This here is another excellent dog grooming jacket from Noverlife. Like the Noverlife before it, this pet groomer smock is simple, stylish, and above all, highly functional. It is made from splash-proof nylon fabric to prevent you from getting wet at all. It also comes with a front zipper that makes wearing and removing a super simple thing to do.
Unlike the previous one that ships out in black with blue seams, this is available in all-black colors but in three sizes; a medium, large, and X-Large size. No longer will you be at the mercy of suds and flying hair. This Noverlife Pet Groomer Jacket will make your work much easier than it’s ever been with total comfort and cleanliness.
- Comes with a full front zipper so you can always wear and remove easily.
- Three size options for professional pet groomers of all sizes.
- Machine washable and quick-drying features make cleaning the jacket a breeze.
- Multipurpose use for pet grooming, nail salon, hair salon, etc.
4. Noverlife Professional Pet Grooming Smock & Trousers
You probably will understand now if we say that Noverlife dominates the market for good pet grooming jackets. But this particular Noverlife Professional Pet Grooming Smock& Trousers is far from being just good. If you’re in the market for the best, this is one of the best professional dog grooming jackets available – and it doesn’t cost that much.
This is everything you’ll want in your ideal jacket; double-sided pockets, hair-repellent and splashproof nylon fabric, and a lot of other features that will make dog grooming as easy and enjoyable as possible. Some of these features are highlighted below;
- Static-free nylon fabric that is both splashproof and hair-repellent.
- Double-sided pockets, enough to keep part of your grooming kits handy.
- Three (3) size options include medium, large, and extra-large.
- Simple and fashionable – keeps you protected so you can do your job in style!
5. Chloe Pet Grooming Smock & Pet Grooming Jacket
Rounding off this best dog groomer jackets review is the Chloe Pet Grooming Smock & Pet Grooming Jacket, the second jacket from Angels Grooming Apparel to make this review. There’s so much we love about this dog groomer jacket, from the no-fade and no-shrink fabric to the breathable mesh backing, and the different size options available.
This dog groomer jacket comes with two (2) side pockets and the dress features a contoured fit in the waist region making it one of the best-looking grooming jackets for female professional groomers. What more? It’s made in the USA, so you can rest assured that quality and durability will hardly be an issue.
- Available in six (6) different style options from small to medium, large, x-large, xx-large, and xxx-large.
- Two (2) side pockets are designed into the jacket to keep your grooming kit handy and positioned by the side to reduce hair accumulation in them.
- Breathable mesh backing helps keep the groomer cool and comfortable all day.
- A feminine contoured fit by the side gives the jacket a nice and clean feminine look.
- Machine washable, quick-drying, and proudly made in the USA.
What Do Dog Groomers Wear?
Dog groomers wear smocks and jackets for their work.
Such jackets and smocks are often made from special clothing materials to help make grooming sessions easier and more productive. This includes fabric materials that repel hair, are resistant to water splashes, among other qualities.
Dog groomers also wear scrubs simply because they’re comfortable and easy to clean. But specially made dog groomer jackets offer the best buck for your money for this. If you’re a professional dog groomer or about to enter into this profession, you’ll want to ensure there are quality jackets and smocks included among your regular apparel for dog grooming.
The best dog groomer clothes currently in the market are;
- Chloe Pet Grooming Smock & Pet Grooming Jacket
- Noverlife Pet Grooming Jacket with Zipper
- Noverlife Pet Groomer Jacket with Full Zipper
- Noverlife Professional Pet Grooming Smock & Trousers
- Chloe Pet Grooming Smock & Pet Grooming Jacket – Quick Dry Fabric & Solid Colors – No-Fade & No-Shrink Fabric
These dog groomer clothes have been vetted for comfort, quality, and functionality and are some of the very best in the market. Should you decide to splash on one or more of them, you’ll be happy you did.
Do You Really Need Dog Grooming Uniforms?
Wondering if you really need a dog grooming uniform as a professional groomer? Well, not everyone thinks they do. But if you fall into one or more of the following categories, chances are high you need a dog groomer jack as soon as you can;
- You want to avoid splashes and wetness while tending to dogs in your salon
- You don’t feel comfortable grooming dogs in regular clothing.
- Your current dog groomer jacket gets quite uncomfortable after a while (you need better ones and any of the five included in this review will change your experience!)
- You want to be free from hair and flying suds during the dog grooming process.
If any of these sounds like something you’ll want, don’t overthink it.
Just go right ahead and grab a professional dog groomer jacket for yourself. Best believe you’ll love it!
Got questions? Hopefully, you’ll find answers to some of them here while you go through some of the most commonly asked questions about dog grooming jackets;
Dog grooming apparel and essentials are needed for dog grooming. The most important ones among these include jackets and smocks often designed with pockets where the groomer can easily store tools of the trade.
Dog groomers use specially formulated shampoo products to wash dogs. This kind of shampoo often contains odor-neutralizing ingredients to help rid odors.
While there’s no one-size-fits-all formula to know how much you can make as a dog groomer, dog groomers in Raleigh, NC, and Denver CO make the most money, earning an average of $28 per hour.
Yes, scrubs are comfortable. They seem easy to wash and also dry off very quickly. These are some of the reasons why some dog groomers wear them.
You don’t want to start dog grooming without getting all of the necessary items you’ll need. And perhaps, the most important one will be a professional dog groomer jacket that ticks the boxes at all of the right places for comfort, fit, and functionality.
Up here are some of the best professional dog groomer jackets available in the market from two of the best brands in the industry. Depending on your personal choice and preferences, you’re highly unlikely to go wrong with any of the jackets and smocks featured in this review. Buy any of these and make dog grooming an exciting adventure every time.
I am Steven. I have completed my Diploma Program on Medical Science. I am a pet lover specially Dog is my favorite. Science 5 years I care care my Loving friend Tom. For this reason I have some experience on Dog.