Table of Contents
- 1 1. XSY&G Dog Boots, Waterproof Dog Shoes, Dog Booties with Reflective Rugged Anti-Slip Sole and Skid-Proof
- 2 2. QUMY Dog Boots Waterproof Shoes for Dogs with Reflective Strips Rugged Anti-Slip Sole 4PCS/Set
- 3 3. PK.ZTopia Waterproof Dog Boots, Dog Rain Boots, Dog Outdoor Shoes for Medium to Large Dogs
- 4 4. KEIYALOE Dog Shoes Waterproof Dogs Booties
- 5 5. Dog Boots, Paw Protection Waterproof Dog Shoes Rain Boots, Dog Booties with Reflective Velcro & Rugged Anti-Slip Sole
- 6 2022 Dog Water Boots Buying Guide
- 7 Why Get Paw Covers For Dogs?
- 8 Get Your Size Right – Choosing The Best Swimming Shoes For Your Dogs
- 9 How To Protect Pool Liner From Dog Claws
- 10 Where To Buy The Best River Shoes For Dogs
- 11 Best Water Shoes For Dogs – FAQ
- 12 Conclusion – The Best Water Shoes For Dogs Are Not Necessarily The Cutest!
The best water shoes for dogs will help keep your furry friends protected and comfortable in cold weather as well as on wet and slippery surfaces. Should you ever consider getting dog shoes for your pets, this guide discusses the best ones there are.
There are many instances where you might want to get booties for your dog(s). Could be the fact that the weather is challenging or because the ground under their feet is wet or slippery. It could also make sense if your dog often walks over long distances.
The problem with water shoes for dogs is that they come in all sizes and make.
So, many dog parents have to try out a whole lot of shoes before they can find the right ones for their dog. But you can avoid all of that trouble when you know some of the very best water shoes for dogs in the market right now.
The factors above will play a huge role in how well your dog’s water shoes can serve their purpose.
Below are five of the best;
1. XSY&G Dog Boots, Waterproof Dog Shoes, Dog Booties with Reflective Rugged Anti-Slip Sole and Skid-Proof
Heading to the beach? Have a hiking trip planned out with your dog that would involve walking over wet and slippery surfaces? You’ll need the best water shoes for dogs on any of these occasions. And if you really want something that stands out, these XSY&G Dog Boots will be all you need to keep your dog’s feet well protected throughout.
Comfort and high quality are the central themes of the design of these dog water shoes. They’ve been made so that they can be easily and comfortably worn by your dogs over long distances. They come in diverse sizes, are easily adjustable, and are perfectly fitting for dogs of diverse breeds and sizes.
- Available in black colors and a leopard print option.
- Comes in eight size classes for dogs ranging from 10lbs to around 95 lbs.
- Made from durable, high-quality, wear-resistant, and anti-slip fabric material.
- Soft design and proper breathability help make it easy on the paws while keeping your dog’s feet protected from the elements.
- Easy fastening and adjustment with 2 straps make wearing the shoe a breeze This also ensures it doesn’t slip off.
2. QUMY Dog Boots Waterproof Shoes for Dogs with Reflective Strips Rugged Anti-Slip Sole 4PCS/Set
These dog shoes from QUMY are undoubtedly some of the best water shoes for dogs on the market right now. Whether you’re worried about keeping your dog’s feet and claws protected from water and ice, ensuring they’re safe from sharp claws and thorns, whatever it might be, only a few others come close to these Qumy Dog Boots.
These shoes are as great on cold and rainy days as much as they are on the seaside beach and the hot summer days. They live up to their billing as a good partner for your dogs on their trips. And those who would really love to see many options would like the fact that these dog shoes come in six different colors and different sizes.
Key Features & Specifications
- Available in eight (8) size classes for dogs ranging from 18lbs to 88lbs.
- Sold in six color options that include black, blue, leopard print, pink, purple, and red.
- 2 adjustable straps and a wide split seam opening helps ensure easy wearing and keeping the shoes in place.
- High-quality fabric with a rugged sole helps ensure durability and comfort for extended periods of use.
3. PK.ZTopia Waterproof Dog Boots, Dog Rain Boots, Dog Outdoor Shoes for Medium to Large Dogs
The PK.Ztopia water shoes for dogs claim to be one of the best wear-resistant, most sturdy non-slip water shoes on the market. While this claim is such an ambitious one, it’s got the social proof from dog owners to show that it sure delivers what it claims to do.
These dog shoes like the others come in 4 pcs for each of your dog’s four legs. These shoes are top quality and are perfect for when you want your dog to enjoy with you on the beachside and other wet areas and slippery surfaces, and more without putting their feet and claws vulnerable to environmental risks.
Key Features & Specifications
- High-quality water-resistant shoe material with beautiful pet paw embroidery
- Sturdy and wear-resistant quality that’s tough in resisting dirt and water.
- Grooved soles with a flexible lug design help give better traction and control.
- Ergonomic shape helps ensure comfort for extended periods of use.
- Available only in black with seven (7) different size classes for dogs ranging from 18lbs to 88lbs sizes.
4. KEIYALOE Dog Shoes Waterproof Dogs Booties
Keiyaloe says its shoes were designed by dog lovers with the dog’s best interest at heart.
That indeed shows in this shoe considering it’s super comfortable despite the high-quality build. Keiyaloe made use of high-quality and durable materials that while they keep your dog’s paws and feet protected from the harsh environment they’re also soft and comfortable on the paws so they can be easily worn for long periods.
Whether you need the best swimming shoes for dogs or just something to protect their feet while hiking through wet areas and slippery surfaces, these shoes from Keiyaloe more than tick the mark for everything good from functionality to comfort, down to aesthetics.
Key Features & Specifications
- High-quality and durable material that’s both soft and comfortable on the paws. Interior is made using soft-touch microfiber nylon fabric with an exterior non-slip heat protector sole that is both sturdy and skid resistant.
- Adjustable & Reflective Straps with magic tape make putting on and taking off the shoes a very easy thing to do.
- Available in different colors as a combination of black with either blue, green, white, and pink.
- Available in eight (8) size classes for dogs from 10lbs to 100lbs.
5. Dog Boots, Paw Protection Waterproof Dog Shoes Rain Boots, Dog Booties with Reflective Velcro & Rugged Anti-Slip Sole
Talent Star made a star in the form of this cute and functional water shoes for dogs. This dog shoe is everything you’ll want and more in the best dog booties for dogs. They spot a vibrant black color with a single yellow paw print on the front side. But beyond the looks, the shoe features an interior made from a special kind of fabric that guarantees maximum comfort for your dog.
The sloe is made from anti-slip rubber to offer enough traction and stability for your dogs. There is also reflective Velcro which makes it easier to identify dogs in the dark. Then, there are adjustable straps to ensure easy wear and fit for the dogs. Not done, Talent Star offers these in six different sizes so you can always find one that suits your dog.
Key Features & Specifications
- Available in six different sizes for different weight classes; 2#: 2.4″x1.6″(L*W) for 18-27 lbs.; 3#: 2.5″x1.9″(L*W) for 23-33 lbs.; 4#: 2.51″x2.24″(L*W) for 31-40 lbs.; 5#: 2.51″x2.36″(L*W) for 40-55 lbs.; 6#: 2.83″x2.59″(L*W) for 52-65 lbs.; 7#: 3.22″x2.91″(L*W) for 63-75 lbs.; 8#: 3.22″x2.99″(L*W) for 74-88 lbs.
- High-quality and comfortable waterproof fabric.
- Anti-slip sole helps give traction and stability to your dogs with the shoes on.
- Wide adjustable straps help ensure fit and comfort.
- Reflective Velcro helps ensure safety when walking your dogs and makes them easily recognizable even in dark areas.
2022 Dog Water Boots Buying Guide
Water shoes might look fancy on your dog’s feet but there’s more to choosing the right water shoes for your dogs than just going for the next available “cute” one. The fact that there are just too many options to choose from doesn’t even help matters.
But if you’ve decided your dog needs swimming shoes, river shoes, or just about any type of water shoes, this guide will help you understand how to go about this so you can ensure your dog’s booties fit as comfortably as they look.
Things to Consider When Buying Water Shoes For Dogs
There are a lot of things to consider when buying water shoes for your dogs. But then, the most important factors are summarized in this section.
- Size and fit
The best water shoes for dogs come in different sizes. Choosing the right size for your dog will be important in ensuring the shoes fit if you want the shoes to fit on their legs comfortably.
Along with following the size guide most manufacturers often include with their shoes online, you might want to go for shoes with adjustable straps that make it easy to adjust the shoes to fit snugly around your dog’s feet.
- Build quality
Another factor that can impact the shoes and the dogs that wear them is the build quality. Are the shoes made from high quality materials? You’re expecting these water shoes to keep your dog’s pads and paws protected from water, ice, injury, heat, and more. Are the materials used quality enough to ensure they’re able to do this well and durable enough?
- Shoe design
Are the water shoes designed to be weatherproofed? Are they designed to be waterproofed since this is the primary protection they’re meant to offer? Some water shoes take this even further by using materials that will make the shoe bite-proof and wear-resistant. These can impact how well the shoes serve their purpose.
The fabric used in making the shoes will impact comfort while the soles’ traction can impact your dog’s stability and comfort, too. You need anti-slip skid-resistant soles that will keep your dogs’ feet well-protected even on slippery surfaces. Isn’t this needed if you’ll be taking your dogs out to wet and slippery environments?
Why Get Paw Covers For Dogs?
Are you wondering whether your dogs actually need water shoes? Well, it depends. Not every dog needs water shoes but if you answer yes to one or more of the following questions, perhaps it’s high time your dog gets a set of new water shoes.
- Does your dog need to walk across wet and slippery surfaces like ice, especially where the ice has been salted to promote melting? This situation can get salt stuck between your dog’s paws and can be painful to the dog.
- If you have to wear protective gear like gloves and earmuffs, chances are your dog needs protection too, if you do.
- If your dog is often struggling to keep his paws on the ground, chances are they’re uncomfortable and would feel better with a new set of shoes.
- If you’re walking your dog through cold or hot areas, getting your dog to wear water shoes can be quite helpful.
- If you’re worried about your dog getting its paws and legs hurt in harsh environments, water shoes or paw covers can be what they need.
Get Your Size Right – Choosing The Best Swimming Shoes For Your Dogs
We’ve explained the criteria you’ll need to consider to choose the best water shoes for your dogs already. And we’ve also mentioned the best shoes to specifically include the XSY&G Dog Boots, QUMY Dog Boots, PK.ZTopia Dog Boots, and the KEIYALOE Dog Shoes. But how exactly can you choose from these since they come in different sizes?
Here’s a brief guide on how to measure your dog’s paws to ensure fit and comfort with the right size of water shoes. There are two methods;
- Following a size chart
Many water shoes already have size charts for dogs of different sizes based on their weight classes. We can expect this to work in most cases since the size of your dog’s paws will mostly be proportionate to their entire body size.
There are two exceptions to this though;
- When the dog is rapidly growing and the paw’s size are considerably larger in proportion to their body size; and
- Cases of small dogs with big claws and vice versa such as breeds like Collie, for example.
In this case, you’ll want to measure the actual size of your dog’s paws.
- Measure the actual size of your dog’s paws
Rather than assuming the water shoes will fit your dog, you can take some time to measure the dog’s claws. How do you do this?
- Simply position the dog’s paws on a clean sheet of paper, with the claws spread out wide as they do while walking.
- Once done, mark the left and right sides of the position of the paws on the paper.
The distance between these marks will give you the size of your dog’s claws so you can be sure you’re getting something that actually fits.
If you have a dog that loves to get in the water with other members of the family, it’s important you have a way to keep them from ripping off your pool liner if you’re open to letting them join in on the fun occasionally.
While dogs find it easy to jump into pools, coming out is a different ball game. If they’re not trained to use the steps, the instinct is just to climb up against the wall of the pools and if you have a fine pool liner, they’ll rip the life out of it.
You can do two things to help.
- One, teach them to use the steps in getting in and out of the pool so they’re not inclined to claw against the pool liner while trying to get out from anywhere other than the step(s).
- Secondly, get them to wear water shoes before jumping into the pool so their claws don’t come in contact with the pool liner at all.
Both of these works.
Wondering where to buy swimming shoes? There are two ways to get the best river shoes you need for your dog if your furry friend is a lover of the seaside.
You either buy in your local pet retail store or order online from a reputable seller.
In either of these cases, it’s important to know your dog’s paw size as well as the quality you can expect from the water shoes you intend to buy. This will help ensure you get the right fit and make sure the water shoes are as comfortable as they fit nicely.
Got questions you’d like us to answer concerning water shoes for your furry friends?
Here are some of the most commonly asked questions about dog swimming shoes and river shoes. Hopefully, it will answer some of the questions you have.
Do Dogs Need Water Shoes?
Yes. Dogs need water shoes if they’re constantly exposed to harsh environmental conditions such as wet and slippery surfaces, and ice, among others.
Can Dogs Swim with Shoes?
Your dog can jump right into the pool with its dog shoes on. In fact, dog booties might actually do more to benefit the pool itself, especially regarding the pool liner.
Which Shoes are Best for Dogs?
Two things will determine the right shoes for your dogs, their size needs and the build quality and material of the water shoes. That said, the best dog shoes have been included in our review. They are the XSY&G Dog Boots, QUMY Dog Boots, PK.ZTopia Dog Boots, and the KEIYALOE Dog Shoes Waterproof Dogs Booties.
Should Dogs Wear Shoes on the Beach?
If you don’t feel comfortable walking around on the hot sandy beach on a sunny afternoon, perhaps you can also expect your dogs to feel more comfortable with something on their pads. So, yes, dogs should wear shoes on the beach.
There are numerous water shoes for dogs from multiple brands offering a ton of features trying to take your money. So, the essence of this guide is to help you make sense of your dog water shoes buying decision.
While we understand that water shoes don’t cost an arm and leg, you still want to ensure you get value for your money. If this explains your situation, you can choose from any of the best water shoes for dogs we reviewed above.
|These include; XSY&G Dog Boots, Waterproof Dog Shoes QUMY Dog Boots Waterproof Shoes for Dogs PK.ZTopia Dog Boots Waterproof Shoes for Dogs, and KEIYALOE Dog Shoes Waterproof Dogs Booties|
Trust us when we say these are the best water shoes for dogs in the market and you can hardly go wrong with any of them. Can’t wait to get your hands on one or more of these? Well, here’s to more power and activity for your furry friend!